Wednesday, August 24, 2011

bathroom curtain

Since we don't have any neighbors, I'm not very concerned about window coverings. In fact, I'm not into them. I wanna see the great outdoors. Especially when I'm taking a bubble bath! That aside, I felt it was time to put up a simple curtain (we have not simple ceiling and crown molding, so I didn't want the entire room complicated).
I chose muslin fabric because it's super thin and lets the light in. I wanted to have dots, to follow the style element of dots we sorta have going. I could not find any fabric that fit my needs so I decided to paint the curtain myself.
Lotta Jansdotter has a cool book of stencils that I used. It's a quick and easy process:

Lotta Jansdotter Stencil book

fabric paint- I mixed black and white for the perfect shade

stenciling happening atop the ironing board

and here it is!
I'm happy with how it turned out and how simple it was to do. Ok, what's next.....

1 comment: