Monday, April 8, 2013

confetti floor? yes, please!

You, dear reader, may already know this about me: I hate to clean floors. Loathe that chore. My plan for bootsy star is to never clean the floor. Ha. Ok, I know I will have to sweep it every now and then. I wanted to be sure the floor didn't look dirty...even if it is! I have been going back and forth on what do do for the floor. I picked up some floor paint today and found this really cool confetti/glitter stuff. You just throw it up in the air over wet paint and it dries into the floor. What the awesome? I bought two bags and starting tossing!

Here is what I started with. It's the plywood floor. James wanted me to put another type of flooring over it, but I like the plywood look so I kept it. The blue tape on the walls is to mark where the studs are so I know where I can hang up my heavy stuff.
before
After the floor dries you sweep up the stuff that didn't dry into the floor and you end up with a nicely distributed confetti/glittery floor. How fun can a floor get, for real?
this is the confetti stuff

close up of the confetti

can we just call it funfetti?

nearly done

ohhhhh so fun!

you wont even notice the messy floor later!

i love how it turned out


Tomorrow I can sweep up the floor and then that's it...bootsy star has a floor.
Next weekend we will do the trim around the windows, floor and ceiling. I picked up this cool greenish paint for the trim and James came up with the idea to wrap a dowel in burlap for around the ceiling. Genius!
So close to move in time. SO CLOSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment