Monday, January 14, 2013

doors......almost

Ohmygosh! This winter weather is c.ol.d! These last few days we've had no rain, which has been great, but it has been hovering in the low 30's. Brrrrrrrr! James braved the weather to build the door frames and install them.

James digs the headphones that plug into an iPod

View out the doorway...of (surprise!) Penny

Preparing the door frame

I painted the frame last night in the house so it would dry quicker

My cold weather gear!

The hardest working hands in Troutdale

Putting the frame together

The sun belies the chill

Ah, there is bootsy star!
 In other news....I'm trying to decide on what ceiling I want. These are the left over tin tiles that we used in the bathroom. I'm considering uses these. I'm not sure though.....
possible ceiling option......

blue sky....but (literally) freezing cold!

great view out the window behind James, huh?

Installing doors is a serious business

level!

Hammer....primary tool of the trade

Pop up Penny says the door frame works

Soon there will be doors!

his hands are frozen right now



First door is hanging

bootsy star has wonderful views out these windows

 Well, the doors were installed, but there is something not quite right. The doors don't close as easily as James would like so he is going to re-hang them. I think they look great!
One of the doors needs another coat of paint

bootsy star is coming together!

View from inside the doorway

The weather forecast looks fantastic....well, considering its winter! My hope is to be able to put in some of the interior installation this week so that James can put in the electrical system. Then, interior walls! As I write this it is snowing out though, so we will see how much cold I can stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment