Monday, December 31, 2012

unexpected snow day!

The forecast called for cold, dry weather (or so I thought!) so on this, the last day of 2012 I planned to put the primer coat of paint on bootsy star. The professional at Miller Paint told me that I would need four dry days in a row to paint. First prime, then wait a day, then paint, then a day to dry. I thought it would be the perfect week to paint! I headed out this morning after a few errands. The Miller guy said I should paint between 10am-2pm in the winter to maximize daylight and 'heat' for drying. I thought that would be no problem, giving me an hour per side of the shop.
The first wall and a half went fine, but then the snow started. I hoped for just a few flakes and pressed on. I had to stop when my paint try started to fill with snow.

Well, at least I got a little bit done. I won't complain that my afternoon will be spent in front of a warm fire with french onion soup and my dogs. Oh...I will also look around online for some flooring......


tools of the trade today (note the coffee)

south side just about done

heading over to the west side

wait...is that snow??

so that's about as far as I could get

she so wants to be warm, but still at my side


a bit less than half way done with the primer

its so lovely when it snows!

note the girls are up in the henhouse

Pen and Jenn selfie

our 21012 christmas tree

penny photobombs my still life of a snowy driveway shot


 In other new, at home depot this morning I came across these fun items. The holiday stuff is all 50% off so I picked up these 'super sphere' lights for $3.74 each and the packs of bulbs for $3.00 each! I think I might hang the super sphere lights in bootsy star and the ornaments are for the outside christmas trees of years passed. Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment