Sunday, September 9, 2012

make way for bootsy star

Finally! Finally, after six years of wishing we are starting the work of building my crafty shop 'bootsy star'. Hurray!

I looked at a lot of different plans, and when it came down to it, picked a basic cape cod version. I want a shop that is a rectangle shape and can accommodate the cool windows we picked up years ago. (more on those later).

Here is the sketch:
I bought the plans for $16.95 from the website www.icreatables.com. They have a really big selection to choose from.

I plan to put in a sliding barn door rather than a regular door, and it won't have to opening doors on the side; that is where the aforementioned windows will be. 

Here is the first step.... choosing the space on the property and staking it off. I'm so excited to get my crafty shop going! I've got some great ideas swirling in my head and I can't wait for my own work shop to get crafty in!

Penny is either helping or about to get brained

Penny is really not helping 

I'm not sure what Hunter is doing in the background over there?

Can you tell where it will be? Nestled in some trees

Add caption

View from the front of the shop


View from the side 

Of note, this is our 2009 Christmas tree. Cool, huh?


View from behind. I will be able to keep an eye on the ladies




The plan is to actually 'break ground' on bootsy star this Friday. I've already been looking at interior paint colors and shelving ideas, so team Wilson really needs to get a move on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment