Tuesday, September 18, 2012

small details finish the bathroom

I have a thing for details. I think I'm finally done with the bathroom and wanted to share some of these finishing touches with you!

  
Our new full length mirror (even works for James tall self) came from Home Depot
Note the dots around the border


I picked this medicine cabinet for the dots around the edge. This came from Lowes.

The light switch and outlet covers have the dots. These came from Home Depot.

I have fake flowers cause they are low maintenance and I want some color. Flowers are from Craft Warehouse and gifted. Glass is from various garage sales and vintage shops. Creepy toddler painting is from an antique shop in Astoria. Frame is from the Providence Portland Medical Center gift shop.

These belonged to James' mom. I love the packaging
I found this at a super scary junk store on Foster Road. Always go in those. There are treasures!

The door is the original, but we replaced the glass with a custom piece from Gresham Glass 
I love this doorknob! We found it at The Rebuilding Center for $60. The key came from Restoration Hardware and I think we paid $10 for it.

These hooks came from Cargo and were $6.00 each. You may recall that 53 is the Wilson lucky number

This wall is now complete

I just found these at a tiny thrift store in Pacific City. I got them both for $5.00! The frames were gold, so I repainted them black to match the other frames in the room.

I picked up the cabinet from Craigslist for $99

I changed out the knobs with these to sorta match the doorknob

Make up containers with dots. They are from Salvation Army

I found this ship painting in Astoria and repainted the frame black. The mermaid figure I've had for about 15 years, and the whale I found at an antique mall in Springfield. The whale turns around and plays music! It was a splurge at $30 but I had to have it. I like how we have a nautical theme going. If anyone finds a small clock in the shape of a ships wheel, let me know!!
So, that's the bathroom. It's a pretty great place to take a luxurious bubble bath in every day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful! Well done! You never cease to amaze me. Kameron


    ReplyDelete