Friday, March 29, 2013

the walls are going up....but not in my heart, just my shop

The spring weather is starting to happen...so yeah for that! Last Saturday Jen and Lauren came over to help us get started on putting up the walls. I chose the bead board look, and liked this simple pieces. James looked at them and said "you know this is the stuff cardboard is made out of...right?". And I responded "oh. cool! I feel like I'm recycling!" He sighed. He doesn't enjoy working with cheap materials, but, hey I liked this look and it seemed like it would be simple to put up! We got a wall and a half done and then this evening James and I got another wall done.

This is the baseboard. obviously.

these are the walls! i love them...james hates them

jen helping finish the burlap tiles for the ceiling



nate and penny begin an afternoon of fun

james and jen getting the first piece up

i think its cute...their height difference

lauren wants a chance at helping

now the dude is like 8 feet tall

nate and penny and jen

nate guards the next piece of wall

james and lauren= best team ever

a son and his mother

lauren, jen and james putting up another wall piece

james putting in...another wall!
cutting off the top
we are starting to lose light...at 7:00pm!

i feel like this is a very artistic photo
cutting out the power outlet box hole
almost done with another wall!
and.....scene
In other news, I went to the Salvation Army today and picked up this little spice rack for $1.99. I'll use it to hold glitter, of course 
before


after
Last summer at Plucky Maidens  I found this tool box for a few bucks. I will use it for...errr...something cool.
before

after
 I also found this little metal cart at Salvation Army today. It is vintage, and set me back $25.00. It even has a little extension cord plug on it so I can power something up on it. I am in love with this cart. James thinks I paid too much.
so cool!
It was such a lovely evening that I had to let the girls out to hunt for bugs and worms. They are back to laying and the more bugs and grass they eat the more awesome the eggs. Truly.
guess what? chicken butt!!

the girls and their coop
 I have a lot of gratitude that this is the view from our front yard. The view here is just stunning and is worth the 30 minute drive to good coffee.














No comments:

Post a Comment